Being a Kayak Tour Guide for Manly Kayak Centre is the perfect position for someone who loves being out on the water and showing off the stunning of sights of North Harbour to people from all walks of life. Guiding people to new places in an ocean environment is an exciting and rewarding challenge!
We are looking for a Guide to join our pool of contracted instructors. All tours will be divided between the guides that are available.
As a Kayak Tour Guide, you are responsible for leading rewarding, safe, educational and fun trips for people of many backgrounds and experience levels. We expect guides to be strong leaders, knowledgeable in natural and cultural history, good teachers and communicators.
Skills and Competencies:
- Confident oral communication skills and customer service
- Positive attitude, punctual and reliable
- Be able to connect and communicate with people from diverse backgrounds
- Australian Canoeing Certification or an equivalent overseas teaching or guiding qualification
- Tour guide experience is preferred but not required
All applicants must:
Be able to work on weekends
Understand no hours are guaranteed - tours are weather dependent