Manly Kayak Centre COVID-19 Response
The impacts of COVID-19 on the tourism industry have been hard felt both locally and globally. With the situation constantly evolving, we are doing our utmost to keep moving forward and adapt to the changes as they happen.
For the time being, we are still conducting Kayak and Stand up Paddleboard Hire activities. We have cancelled all our Public Group Stand Up Paddleboard Lessons, Public Kayak Tours and SUPBALL Games in accordance with government guidance on social distancing. For more information on NSW Health’s community advice surrounding COVID-19 please see www.health.nsw.gov.au. We will continue to operate as normal with extra precautions until told otherwise.
Not wanting to commit to activities right now? We get it. Our cancellation policy has always been super flexible and that isn’t changing. Let us know 48 hours before you’re due to head out and you can cancel for any reason. Any cancellations within the notice period or no-shows will incur fees as per the Terms and Conditions set out within your booking confirmation.
Sadly we have received an unprecedented number of cancellations since the outbreak of COVID-19 hit Australia. If you have the capacity to rebook your experience please do so. It would mean the world to us to get you out on the water. As thanks for sticking with us through this challenging time, we are offering all customers that have to rebook their experience due to COVID-19 a credit worth 10% of the original booking.*
Not sure when you will be able to hit the water again? No problem! We can convert your booking into a bespoke Gift Voucher and send it through to use whenever you are ready. These Vouchers are fully transferable should you want to pass on the gift of adventure to a family member, colleague or friend AND they never expire! You will also receive the 10% rebooking boost.
For those paddlers that still want to get their dose of Vitamin Sea we are open with a reduced range of products. Before we get you out on the water there are some extra measures that the crew will be taking to maintain the health and safety of our customers and staff. We have increased or added a number of precautions and ask that you, our awesome paddling community, do your part to help us out.
- While Manly Kayak Centre has always maintained a hygienic environment, we will increase our cleaning to ensure that all surfaces, handles, terminals and frequently touched surfaces are disinfected throughout the day
- We will continue to rinse all equipment after use and will have disinfectant wipes on-site for anyone wanting to give their gear an extra swipe ahead of handling
- We have a handwash station. Please make use of this before and after hire
- We will have hand sanitiser along with our sunscreen to protect customers and staff
- Mask and Snorkel Hire will no longer be available. All our sets have been thoroughly cleaned and disinfected and stored for the season
- If you have pre-booked your experience you will receive a link to complete your waiver. Please do this ahead of time where you can to minimise the use of our check-in iPads
- We will no longer be keeping hold of any lost-property. All belongings left will be disposed of at the end of each day. If you think you have forgotten something please get in touch with us ASAP so we can organise for it to be kept to one side for you
- If you have been unwell, have any flu-like symptoms, have travelled in the last two weeks or have been in contact with a person with, or under investigation for COVID-19; we ask that you do not come paddling. We appreciate your support always, but ask that you help us minimise the risk to our other paddlers and staff
If you can – keep active, keep paddling and keep supporting local businesses. The tourism industry nationwide has been hit incredibly hard by the recent fires, floods, weather and now the pandemic. We all need your support right now to keep this industry we all love alive. Take this time to reconnect with the ocean. We hope that it can give you the calm and headspace to survive this tumultuous time.
We will continue to monitor the situation and make the necessary updates as required.
If you have any questions, concerns or ideas of things we can do during this strange time, please don’t hesitate to get in touch at [email protected] or 02 9976 5057. Even if it’s just a message to say ‘Hey!’ we love to hear from our awesome community.
Sending our love to you all,
Craig Moulds & the MKC Crew
*10% rebooking incentive will be sent through as a dollar value gift voucher based on the total of your original booking. Credits cannot be redeemed in part or full for cash refunds on your booking or applied to any outstanding balance on the original booking. Booking Terms and Conditions still apply to any rebooked experience. If you choose to ultimately cancel your booking or if your experience is cancelled due to poor weather your 10% rebooking incentive voucher will be voided.